iDEAL Leadership Programmes
Mentoring that Works
Research has demonstrated that businesses can learn a lot from one another in the right circumstances. We at DEAL Group strongly believe in that idea and have developed ‘Mentoring that Works’ - a three way support mechanism which can:-
- Introduce you to other business people where you can share expertise and learn new skills or gain new perspectives via the ‘Top Team’ workshop, the ‘Acorn Programme’ or ‘Prosper Groups’.
- Provide nationally recognised qualifications from the DEAL Learning Centre, a national Centre of Excellence.
- Signpost you to recognised and accredited networks of business leaders and mentors.
We know how to create exactly the right environment for businesses to learn from another and lead their own business into the future.
The key ingredients are straightforward: -
- Each business manager or management team is committed to developing their business. In practical terms this means making time to learn.
- Have an element of trust - participants must be prepared to discuss their business openly.
The iDEAL approach comprises three related elements focused on learning from one another and, where appropriate, bringing in other business people from the DEAL team. The three elements are stand alone but complement one another – so you could sign up for one or all three!
Top Team Workshop
Aimed at businesses with management teams (two persons and above) wanting to take time out from the work environment to plan ahead, this two-day residential explores the RECOIL of business change - a tried and tested process of entrepreneurial refocusing.
Resources; Experience Base; Control mechanisms, Ideation* and Leadership
A mentor is identified for each participating business as part of the workshop. The mentor and business team will identify issues to explore at the residential to maximise the value of the investment and allow for customisation of the content.
This workshop has a maximum of four businesses from non-competing sectors. Day 1 is exploratory. Day 2 focuses on practical action.
The Acorn Programme
Aimed at individual managers within small and medium enterprises this unique leadership and management development programme involves a mix of workshops and mentoring spread over a 10 month period. Nationally recognised qualifications can be achieved but are not compulsory.
Aimed at individual managers and leaders in small and medium enterprises wishing to learn by sharing experiences. The groups form monthly meetings at participant’s workplaces to air current issues. Through a process of positive questioning, each participant gives and receives different perspectives on the issue and formulates their actions accordingly. The meetings are facilitated by a member of the DEAL team. Additional but optional individual mentoring sessions are also available.
If you would like any further information on any of the above or wish to discuss a bespoke programme, workshop or qualification, please contact us.